RE: SYSSTAT statistics for buffer writes?

  • From: "Tanel Poder" <tanel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Martin.Klier@xxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 12:29:42 +0200

Hi Martin,

Documentation is wrong. Conventional path inserts will be shown in "db block
changes". Direct path load blocks are not shown in there though.

Btw, you can use v$segment_statistics to get a segment level breakdown of
logical reads vs db block changes.

However I have to ask, what are you trying to achieve with this? Read vs
write ratio isn't too useful statistic for people and business, especially
if measured from such low level.

--
Regards,
Tanel Poder