SYSSTAT statistics for buffer writes?

  • From: Martin Klier <Martin.Klier@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 10:44:09 +0100

Dear list,

I need to create a statistics overview for reads vs. writes on a 10gR2
database. Desire is, to compare "session logical reads" ('The sum of "db
block gets" plus "consistent gets". This includes logical reads of database
blocks from either the buffer cache or process private memory.' by 10g
documentation) with its counterpart in writing. I don't want to gather
information about phyiscal IO.

My first attempt was to use "db block changes", but obviously it misses
blocks created by INSERT operations (' <...> this statistic counts the
total number of changes that were part of an update or delete operation
that were made to all blocks in the SGA. <...> ').

Is there any idea how I can cover ALL blocks changed AND created?

Thanks a lot in advance and best regards,
Martin
--
Mit freundlichem Gruß

Martin Klier

Klug GmbH integrierte Systeme
Lindenweg 13, D-92552 Teunz
Tel.:  +49 9671/9216-245
Fax.: +49 9671/9216-112
mailto: martin.klier@xxxxxxxxxx
www.klug-is.de

Geschäftsführer: Johann Klug, Roman Sorgenfrei
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Teunz, USt-ID-Nr. DE175481608,
HRB Nr. 2037, Amtsgericht Amberg