Re: SYS.AUD$

  • From: "Mir M. Mirhashimali" <mhyder@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 16:31:16 -0600

We have a schedular job that moves audit records from the sys.aud$ to user.audit_table on a daily basis and removes all the moved rows from the sys.aud$. this way we don't have to move the table back and forth during upgrades.

--
Mir M. Mirhashimali
Oracle Systems Manager

On 1/19/2011 3:52 PM, Maureen English wrote:
FWIW, we also have sys.aud$ in it's own tablespace, offload rows on a regular basis to a text file and truncate sys.aud$. We also move sys.aud$ back to the system tablespace prior to upgrades and back to its own tablespace after the upgrade is complete...we don't back up sys.aud$ separately prior to an upgrade,
though.

- Maureen

mohammed bhatti wrote:
Hmmm...so I'm following the "Just a General Question on System Tablespace" and some of you turned auditing on with SYS.AUD$ in the SYSTEM tablespace where it should be. I've also turned on auditing, but have moved the aud$ to it's own tablespace. I followed note 72460.1 and 1019377.6 although I'm not using any triggers. I've noted that the solution has a couple of caveats which may cause issues during upgrades but I think this can be resolved by backing up the aud$ table, truncating it and moving it back into the system tablespace and then proceeding with the upgrade and moving it back out again after the upgrade.

So how many people are using this method? Yeah, the reason that I moved this out of system is because of some crazy amount of auditing that is required.

--
mohammed

!DSPAM:2052,4d375e50303291860322391!