SYS_CONTEXT -- How to determine the current user?

  • From: "Rumpi Gravenstein" <rgravens@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 13:40:37 -0500

All,

I've looked around and am wondering how and who sets the
SYS_CONTEXT('USERENV', ??????) namespace variables.   My issue is that
I'm working in a three tier .net environment, and the value I would
like to see isn't set.  Is this something the web server has to be
configured to supply, or does the application developer have to code
this?  Specifically, I'm looking for the user for whom the current sql
is being run.  I've looked at values like

AUTHENTICATED_IDENTITY
ENTERPRISE_IDENTITY
GLOBAL_UID
OS_USER
PROXY_USERID

All of this is happening in an active directory windows environment
with Oracle 10.2.  It's possible that I'm just not looking at the
right value, any suggestions in that area are welcome.

--
Rumpi Gravenstein