Re: SV: very active session, no SQL

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhn.aida@xxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 07:38:39 +0000

On 01/05/2005 01:56:53 AM, Jesper Haure Norrevang wrote:

>=20
> What I think is the situation is, that the process is
> hanging (i.e. waiting for something that will never happen).
> Unfortunately the thing we are waiting for has not
> been instrumented (yet). Sessionstate dumps did not make
> me cleverer.

Well Jesper, I'm glad to know that I'm not alone. The session isn't =20
hanging, the script completes without a glitch. Visual tool
that developers have developed using Java Swing confirms that
the real documents are replaced by the demo versions, as intended.
I don't have any problems with the script, the only confusing thing
is that I cannot find the SQL. RAISE_ERROR attribute is explicitly set,
so any kind of non-zero returning code will stop the execution. The =20
script works fine, and obviously does execute both of the SQL =20
statements, because the results are correct. Any advice to parse more =20
and not use bind variables has first to be cleared with Wolfgang.
Joking aside, I believe that it is a bug in 9.2.0.5 which is not
able to catch SQL statement if it either uses LOB columns or ROWID's
or something like that.

--=20
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA