SUSPECT: RE: Quick and dirty way to compare table contents

  • From: "Freeman, Donald" <dofreeman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Ranko Mosic" <ranko.mosic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 16:04:54 -0500

I'm guessing you wouldn't have check everything.  You should be able to
check 10-15% of the data to make a valid statistical conclusion that the
tables are the same or not the same.  As far as the character data you
could probably transform it to numerical data and then summarize it.
Or, like some others said, export the data and do file comparison on the
export files.