Re: SSL support for EM 10GR2 Grid Control

  • From: "Jurijs Velikanovs" <j.velikanovs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sunil.kanderi@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 03:28:48 +0000

Hi Sunil,

To my understanding EM 10GR2 Grid Control using nothing but AS
10.1.2.0.2 as a HTTP engine.
You need to follow the note 341904.1 to get SSL up and running.
Only small problem here is the AS 10G R2 bug. Take a look on the Note:308027.1.
Bur number is 4226254. I wasn't able to find detail information, as it
is seems to be not published Oracle bug.

If an Oracle Support analyst told you that Grid Control doesn't work
with other certificate then provided by OCM, then it means that AS 10G
R2 doesn't work with other certificates then OCM as well.
I don't think that Oracle will live with that ;) They definitely will
provide the solution to fix AS 10G R2 and it will apply on Oracle Grid
Control as well.

I would suggest you, if you really would like to get GC SSL enables
(with signed certificate by 3-d party), to go back to Oracle Support
and ask to assist you with AS 10GR2 SSL enabling.

PS I can be wrong, but this is like I see the issue. Please let us
know how it will go for you.

Jurijs

--
Jurijs