Re: SSH Autologin problem

  • From: "Greg Norris" <spikey.mcmarbles@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 19:59:57 -0500

On 5/1/07, Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

All,

I'm trying to configure a 2 node RAC cluster on RH
Enterprise Linux. I'm trying to get SSH where it will
sign in without a password. I've gotten node1 to
connect to node2 without a password, no problem. I
can't seem to get node2 to connect to node 1 without
using a password.

If you haven't already, doublecheck the permissions on ~/oracle/.ssh,
~oracle, and all of the parent directories.  OpenSSH, which is what I assume
you're using, can be quite picky about group/world-writeable directores...
it's possible to disable this check by setting "StrictModes no" in
sshd_config, although that wouldn't be my recommended approach.

Another possibility (albeit unlikely) would be that the sysadmin has
explicitly disabled public-key authentication, either globally or for
specific users/groups.  An examination of sshd_config should reveal this,
assuming that they haven't also made the file unreadable (as my own
sysadmins are rather fond of doing).

--
"I'm too sexy for my code." - Awk Sed Fred.