Re: SQLPLUS training, why?

  • From: Nuno Souto <dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 19:38:00 +1100

Kellyn Pedersen wrote,on my timestamp of 29/12/2010 2:10 AM:

Yes and then some... considering the technical level of many who will be
attending, do you really want them playing around with regular expressions?? I
was referring to ones who might use MSWord, Text editors and Excel spreadsheets
to create SQL that could be easily generated inside SQL Plus. When I picture
these folks, I would never consider just throwing them into the deep end of the
pool with RE's and say, "Swim!" :)

If there is one thing that drives me nuts with that mob - and the Toad/sqldeveloper one as well - it's the blank lines in between a single SQL statement: guaranteed to screw up a long script when run from SQL*Plus...

I now run a vim macro through every script originating from that stable!

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto