Re: SQLPLUS training, why?

  • From: Rodd Holman <rodd.holman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Don Seiler <don@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 16:23:43 -0600

That is true. When I have more than a single line change to make I do shell out to vi using the edit command.

On 12/28/2010 04:19 PM, Don Seiler wrote:
While that is useful if a better editor isn't available or configured, I'd rather escape to vi/vim and just edit the whole thing quickly than going one-line-at-a-time and doing search/replace statements.

Don.

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 4:06 PM, Rodd Holman <rodd.holman@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:rodd.holman@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Why use an external editor for this?  Here is where knowing
    SQLPLUS commands is useful
    SQL> l
    Find the line number <n> of the code to change
    SQL> l<n>
    SQL> c/old_string/new_string
    SQL> /
    See new result here ;)