Re: SQLPLUS training, why?

  • From: Kellyn Pedersen <kjped1313@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sfaroult@xxxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 07:10:24 -0800 (PST)

Yes and then some...  considering the technical level of many who will be
attending, do you really want them playing around with regular expressions??  I
was referring to ones who might use MSWord, Text editors and Excel spreadsheets
to create SQL that could be easily generated inside SQL Plus.  When I picture
these folks, I would never consider just throwing them into the deep end of the
pool with RE's and say, "Swim!" :)

Kellyn Pedersen
Sr. Database Administrator
http://www.linkedin.com/in/kellynpedersen