SQL*Net Client 10.2.0.1 issue

  • From: "Eric Hutchinson" <EricHutchinson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 12:25:23 -0800

Hi List,

I have a weird problem I hope you can help me with.

I have a Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition (on VMware) with a web app
that connects to an Oracle 10.2.0.3 DB on Red Hat 5 (also on VMware).  I
installed the Administrator package of the Oracle client for windows
(32-bit) as the local Administrator.

Administrator can connect to the remote DB every time.

A domain user, using remote desktop to the server, cannot connect to the
database.  No SQL*Net trace files are generated.  It does not seem to get
that far.

Remotely connecting to the web app reaches the database, after which the
domain user (RDP to the server) can connect with no problem, until the next
server reboot.

Has anyone seen anything like this?  Have any idea what is going on?

As a workaround we can connect via the web app after each server reboot, but
I'd like a proper solution.

Thanks in advance,

- Eric Hutchinson