Re: SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES = (NONE) results in ERROR: ORA-01031: insufficient privileges

  • From: sundar mahadevan <sundarmahadevan82@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 13:04:06 -0400

I should have been little more informative. I want to retain
SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES = (NONE) in my sqlnet.ora and would
want oracle database to authenticate the users. Since
SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES = (NONE) is specified, OS
authentication is disabled and hence / as sysdba fails with
insufficient privileges. But dbstart/dbshut use / as sysdba to start
database from /etc/oratab with values 'Y' against the instance names.
sys/password@orams works fine while connecting normally but I
cannot/donot want to hard code sys password in dbstart/dbshut
scripts(No one would do that). TWO_TASK does not work. When set
TWO_TASK basically is a replacement for @orams where orams is the tns
connection name. It is not set in my environment. I hope I made myself
clear here. Please let me know if you need more info. Thanks for your
help.

version of oracle: 10.1.0.3.0
platorm: OEL 5.3