Re: SQL*Loader performance

  • From: genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 10:12:25 -0600

Jared,

What would you be looking for in the DDLs for old and new tables?  I can
post them here, but the are very very
long and I don't think anyone will have time to look over them

thank you

Gene Gurevich

             "Jared Still"
             <jkstill@xxxxxxxx
                                       nigel_cl_thomas@xxxxxxxxx
             01/17/2008 07:42                                           cc
             AM                        genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l
                                       <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: SQL*Loader performance

On Jan 16, 2008 2:52 PM, Nigel Thomas <nigel_cl_thomas@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

  That's all I can think of at this time of night...

All I can think of is this:

Without knowing the exact structure of the old table, and seeing the DDL
for
the new tables,  as well as any procedures that may have changed, any
attempt at diagnosis is just a guess.

By procedure I mean something like 'We drop index i1 and i2 when we
load the table", which would beg the question "Is there now an index i3?"

--
Jared Still