SQL*Loader line breaks in fields CSV file

  • From: "S. Anthony Sequeira" <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 13:46:46 -0000 (GMT)

Hi,

I'm working on migrating large amounts of data from a DB2 database to an
Oracle 10g database (10.2.0.1) Windows.  Will eventually reside in an
11gR2 database (not sure about OS yes, I don't make the decision).

I've having issues with descriptive text fields that contain line breaks.
This causes SQL*Loader to throw a fit.

I believe that I will have to manipulate the datafile, to remove the line
breaks, I'm hoping that someone somewhere has found a better way.

Regards.
--
Tony