Re: SQLLDR using Direct=True with Multiple Physical Records

  • From: Bradd Piontek <piontekdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jeremiah@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 11:10:39 -0600

Jeremiah brings up a very valid question regarding you formatting.

If it is your lines wrapping due to length, you need to set some sql*plus formatting:
set linesize 4000
set trimspool on
set pagesize 0
set echo off
set feedback off

etc. Hope that helps you with sql*ldr. As other's have mentioned, 8.0.5 - oracle exp/imp or simply a INSERT INTO SELECT * from table_name@dblink would do the trick in a much simpler fashion.

Jeremiah Wilton wrote:
The problem I have is there are multiple physical records on the file for one row on the table. To retrieve the data from the production side I execute the following SQL statement: SELECT COL1 || ‘,’|| COL2 || ‘,’ ||, etc. There are many varchar columns on this table; therefore, the number of physical lines can vary.

Are there multiple lines per row because there are CR/LFs embedded in the
column values, or because the linesize in sqlplus was not long enough when
you dumped the data?