Re: SQL*Developer, Elbonian version

  • From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bernard.Polarski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 09:26:09 -0400

On 10/23/2006 09:06:31 AM, Polarski, Bernard wrote:
> It is above all a permanent Fix into your wallet.
>
> Free toad is clinically dead since long.
> last time I paid a look into it, you could see sequences anymore.
>
> Now you must spell 'Que$t Toad'.

There is also something called "tora". It's not being developed very intensely,
but it is being developed. And it is a good product. More about tora can be
found
at: http://tora.sourceforge.net. Tora is, just like SQL*Developer, a
multi-platform
free product. Unlike the dinosaur, it's written in C++, which makes it much
faster
then the dinosaur.
The problem is not in the replacement, as it turns out, there are quite a few
of them,
the problem is in the general code quality which became appalling. I wonder how
long
will we have to wait for Ellison to come out with Ballmer's excuse of "code
complexity"?
Namely, Winduhs is so complex that MS cannot be reasonably expected to plug in
all holes.
Will Oracle be the next company to publicly admit their incompetence and the
lack of capability to manage its own code? Funny thing, even after such a
satirical
admission, people are still buying MS products. There must be something in that
flock
paradigm that Christianity uses so much.
Bernard, are you an employee of Oracle Corp.? Your cheap imitation of humor
would suggest
so. Did you get it on the Canal St.? Do they surgically remove sense of humor
when you
join The Company? Did it hurt?

--
Mladen Gogala