SQL question

  • From: "David" <thump@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 11:09:33 -0800 (PST)

How can I accomplish the following...the problem is a bit beyond my SQL
skills:

select
a_id,
c_name,
c_id,
c_level,
e_d,
t_c,
t_l,
a_s,
g_t,
s_x,
s_x,
c_a,
t_cd,
c_a,
n_k
from ch_st c
where
active = 1
and c.a_id = 99999

Based on two conditions(active and a_id =), the select will return 1 or
more rows.

The final output should list the columns in the select above, BUT only 1
row should be outpouted and that row should list a count of the number of
rows matching the criteria and the max c_level in the rows returned and
the associated columns.

So, simple query above returns say 4 rows....final query should return 1
row and perform a count and a max on a column and only list the columns
associated with that max value...

I hope that makes sense...I know max, group_by, etc are in the mix, but...

LOL
;)
--
..