RE: SQL help

  • From: "Ken Naim" <kennaim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Michael McMullen'" <ganstadba@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 09:50:28 -0500

If you have 2 or more invoices with the same date and they fall into the 3rd
position, then each time you run the query oracle can choose which ever one
it happens across for the third one as the sets are not ordered.

The order by should contain enough fields to guarantee the same order
everytime, essentially the combination should be unique. If the situation is
inherently non unqiue for whatever reason adding the primary key or rowid
can serve the purpose.

Ken Naim