Re: SQL Server Question

  • From: Tim Gorman <tim.evdbt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: srcdco@xxxxxxx, "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2019 07:56:25 -0700

Scott,

The Microsoft community is mostly on Twitter and the *#sqlhelp* hashtag is a common way of requesting help with technical SQL Server questions from the global community.  Sometimes #sqlhelp is paired with the hashtag *#sqlfamily*, which I believe is a reminder to keep everything professional, as well as being for less technical questions.

One effect of Twitter is that one is forced to be concise.

Hope this helps...

-Tim

On 7/24/19 01:36, Scott Canaan wrote:

Since I’m not on a SQL Server list and I know many of you also support SQL Server, I’ll ask my question here.

I have a SQL Server 2016 SP2 instance.  It is configured for AlwaysOn.  I used the new “automatic seeding” to add databases to the AlwaysOn group.  It looks like it created a new database in the primary, called BackupLocDb_3b869e89-f689-4ca8-a08b-f99fbb1d67d2 (Restricted User).  I want to remove this, as I think it’s done with it, but want to make sure it’s not going to mess things up.  This is a production database.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,

*Scott Canaan ‘88**
*/Sr Database Administrator
/Information & Technology Services
Finance & Administration **

*Rochester Institute of Technology
*o: (585) 475-7886 | f: (585) 475-7520**

_srcdco@xxxxxxx <mailto:srcdco@xxxxxxx>_| c: (585) 339-8659

*CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE*: The information transmitted, including attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this information.