Re: SQL Server Admin for an Oracle DBA

  • From: troach@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: tinojam@xxxxxxxxx,oradba.la@xxxxxxxxx,oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 20:37:13 +0000

Books online is your friend :) (those are the sql manuals)

From: P B <tinojam@xxxxxxxxx>
Sender: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 13:15:25
To: <oradba.la@xxxxxxxxx>; <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: SQL Server Admin for an Oracle DBA

Seeing that this is your first time, I would recommend your company sending you
on SQL Server training conducted by Microsoft. After that, you can dive into
all the reference materials and books you want.
i found myself in the same boat. I was an Oracle DBA (10yrs exp.) for a
Microsoft partner, and when all the Oracle jobs dried up in that town, they
said, seeing that you are an Oracle DBA you must can administer SQL Server. So
there began my dual life. Take if from me, do the MS training, less pain and
quicker time to ramp up.

Sent on the go from my Peek
Manjula Krishnan<oradba.la@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi guys:

I am now being roped in to being a SQL Server DBA as well. That is something
I have not touched at all. Can you guys recommend some good
training/materials etc?

Thanks,

Manjula