SQL Profile

  • From: Karl Arao <karlarao@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 19:10:49 +0800

We have this SQL with a good SQL profile.. then suddenly something
changed on the optimizer and the good profile was not used anymore on
its next execution.
I know we could have made it permanent using an outline on the profile
but we were too late.

Question:

1) Can I force the SQL to use the old SQL profile or SQL profile's
plan? I don't see on the DBMS_SQLTUNE any option to use the old
profile or plan.

2) If I have a backup of the profile from a table using
DBMS_SQLTUNE.CREATE_STGTAB_SQLPROF and
DBMS_SQLTUNE.PACK_STGTAB_SQLPROF
and apply it again using DBMS_SQLTUNE.UNPACK_STGTAB_SQLPROF. Is there
a way to use the good old plan of that profile?

- Karl Arao
http://karlarao.wordpress.com