Re: SQL Developer question

  • From: "Sandra Becker" <sbecker6925@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 11:59:03 -0700

I had no problem finding the tables for the other users.  The problem was
trying to get them into query builder.  I got my answer form the SQL
Developer Exchange forum.  You can't use tables from other schemas in the
query builder.  It's been logged as a bug and will be fixed.

In the meantime, we can use the drag and drop feature for the tables or
expanding the tables and using drag and drop on the columns.  It works well
enough for those who know how to write sql.  People who don't know how to
write sql and need access (read only) to other schemas will continue to use
TOAD.

Sandy

On 2/16/07, Shreeni <shreeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 I dont think thats directly possible but they can pick tables from the
Object Navigator ? No ?

I am so much spoilt by the ease-of-use of TOAD, I find SQLDeveloper far
behind in terms easy usability. But of late 8.1.0.36 and above of TOAD, I
am getting really short-fused on numerous AVs, bugs, some 600s even. I am
slowly but surely getting used to SQLDeveloper which has not once crashed on
me yet.

Thanks and have a good day.

*Shreeni*
(630) 401-2887 (Mobile)