Re: SQL Developer

  • From: "Simone Saravalli" <s.saravalli@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Shreeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 09:13:21 +0200

Hi,
   I've installed sql developer (for linux) just yesterday and my
impression is very good. The tool is simple to use and complete and
the installation had no problem (a useful rpm file, but remember that
you need the JDK environment). The configuration also, is fast and
comes with no problem, in fact you only need to specify the schema
name and password you want to use, the hostname where oracle db is
located and the sid (the service name, for me 'XE' works fine because
I use oracle 10g xe for linux).
So my first opinion is that sql developer is a good tool, but I'm not
in a production situation, at the moment I'm testing it.

Regards, Simone Saravalli