Re: SO let me get this right about AWR

  • From: kyle Hailey <kylelf@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 13:16:58 -0800

Speaking of ashmasters.com, someone (an expert that I respect) asked me
recently about S-ASH (simulated ASH) and ASHMON (ASH graphic monitor) and
they were complaining it was too complicated to set up.  Hey, it's *FREE* -
that's what you get for free, at least right now.

For simple, I have to plug DB Optimizer:

      http://sites.google.com/site/embtdbo/

It's easy, powerful and fast but it's pay for.
It's pay for but it's super cheap compared to diagnostic pack, faster than
OEM and lighter weight on the system than MMON!

The free  trial is 2 weeks, but there is a trick to swing a 2 month licenses
ping me off line if interested.

I'd love feedback. I'm busy working on enhancements. The newest feature is
Visual SQL Tuning (VST) which I'm super excited about. VST makes complicated
queries quick and easy to understand. VST also highlights schema flaws. Here
is a quick blog post:
http://db-optimizer.blogspot.com/2009/10/visual-sql-tuning-vst-is-ground.html
I'm doing a lot of design work on VST right now and am excited about the
possibilities of taking it much farther.

Best Wishes
Kyle Hailey
http://db-optimizer.blogspot.com/