Re: SGA & shared pool size

  • From: LS Cheng <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Marcin Przepiorowski <pioro1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 21:47:17 +0200

Hi

We dont really have problems with storing sql and sql plans nor pl/sql
objects. This is DWH so we dont have much pressure on SQL statements.

This is 10.2.0.4.2 and as I mentioned previously most probably is we are
hitting a RAC bug that is why we need so large shared pool. We have had
smaller shared pool in other nodes like 3gb to 4gb and the time the instance
takes to fail is pretty short.

We have had many problems with shared pool, in the past we hit ORA-04031
constantly and had to decrease subpool to 1, even after that we still hit
4031 time to time, sometimes we get the error such as GES resource
exhausted.

Did I ask who has seen 7 million entries in rowcache...? I think that is
probably one of our problem but nothing much can be done since heavy
partitions and subpartitions are present.

Previously with smaller shared pool (7GB) system hangs and reboots almost
everyday, somehow LCK kicks in to free memory and while it frees the memory
the entire node hangs, sometimes hangs other nodes as well because some
local process hold CF enqueue or sometimes the instance just fails with
waited too long for a row cache lock.

Thanks

--
LSC