Re: SGA bigger than 50G

  • From: Surachart Opun <surachart@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 15:02:02 +0700

>ORA-27102: out of memory
>Linux-x86_64 Error: 28: No space left on device
>:/proc/sys/kernel$cat shmmax
>48318382080
>I tried with
>sga_target=38624M
>sga_max_size=38624M
Check *shmall*
$ cat /proc/sys/kernel/shmall

http://surachartopun.com/2009/10/shared-memory-tuning-startup-database.html

>having 64G memory. I want to have SGA around 50G
SGA = System Global Area, that is memory for data buffer, shared pool and
... (on share memory)
But In Oracle ... we have use memory for PGA (private memory) and etc...
and your system need memory as well.

I think You should set SGA = oracle recommend
Example: SGA = 50% of Physical Memory

- For OLTP systems

   PGA_AGGREGATE_TARGET  = (<Total Physical Memory > * 80%) * 20%

- For DSS systems

   PGA_AGGREGATE_TARGET  = (<Total Physical Memory > * 80%) * 50%

and then check Oracle Advisor ... to tune them.

Good Luck
Surachart Opun
http://surachartopun.com
Oracle ACE, OCE, OCP