SGA Fragmentation - How to Monitor

  • From: "Mudhalvan Moovarkku" <moovarkku.mudhalvan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 19:03:19 +0900

Dear DBA

        Our Environment had an incident and got an error message
ORA-04031: unable to allocate 1048 bytes of shared memory

        We understand that it is because of SGA Fragmentation.

        How to Monitor the SGA fragmentation and avoid it?.

Thank you.
Best Regards,
M.Moovarkku Mudhalvan
---------------------------------------
Service Delivery Dept. IT & Logistics Div
AXA NON-LIFE INSURANCE CO. Ltd.
moovarkku.mudhalvan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:moovarkku.moovarkku.mudhalvan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Phone: +81-3-6688-8879 Fax: +81-3-3528-1164
E-mail disclaimer:
This message is confidential; its contents do not constitute a
commitment by AXA NON-LIFE INSURANCE CO LTD except where provided for in
a written agreement between you and the Company. Any unauthorized
disclosure, use or dissemination, either whole or partial, is
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this message,
please notify the sender immediately.