SEMI-OT: Reinstall DB software as a fix?

  • From: "Rich Jesse" <rjoralist3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 15:31:29 -0500 (CDT)

Hey all,

I'm having the Micro$oft Month From Hell here.  Apparently, one of our new
production SQueaL Servers is so confusingly hosed that MS Support is
recommending a complete reinstallation of SQueaL Server software.  All of
the pretty bling surrounding the DBs (e.g. SSIS) randomly fail with
increasing frequency and severity to the point that our Analysts can't even
run packages anymore.  We've also had "minor" correctable DB corruption
already on this new server (yes, we've checked for h/w issues).

Has anyone ever had to reinstall Oracle due to severe issues like this?
Granted, I've purposely not run Oracle on Windows due to the mysterious
entropy that seems to plague software on all versions of Winders I've had to
deal with.

Rich