Re: SELECT statement issue

  • From: "Ganesh Raja" <ganesh.raja@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Harvinder.Singh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 22:25:51 +0200

Select Decode (values, 'XYZ', (Select ....), 'ABC', (Select .....), (Select
...))
         <<IF>     <Equalto>                       <elseif>
<else>

HTH

- Ganesh

On 9/14/06, Harvinder Singh <Harvinder.Singh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

We are porting the application from SQL Server to Oracle, we have lot of
queries in the xml file and the application read the queries from the file.

In some scenarios we have following construct in sql server where we are
checking the value and depending upon it running one of the 2 sql's:

If (values = 'xyz')

Begin

Select….

End

Else

begin

Select…..

End

Oracle somehow don't like this construct and giving error : ORA-00900:
invalid SQL statement

What is the way to port this to oracle?

Thanks

--Harvinder