RE: SELECT INTO new_table

  • From: "Goulet, Dick" <DGoulet@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Dominik Smatana" <dominik.smatana@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracledba.williams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 13:31:22 -0500

Regrettably database engines, like everything else it seems, have
differences.  What is one case is a strength is in another a weakness.
Those are just the facts of life. What you end up with is a compromise
between all of them.  Now if you'll excuse me, I've a SQL*server 2000
system to go put back together.  Darned this corrupted itself when the
server crashed.  Funny thing though, 10 Oracle instances crashed too,
power problem in the computer room, but they all survived.