Re: SELECT INTO new_table

  • From: Gints Plivna <gints.plivna@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dominik@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 12:56:56 +0200

Most probably you'd like to revisit your programming approach and not
to use the very same technique like in MSSQL and Transact-SQL. Yea,
I'v seen technique to use many temporary tables in Transact-SQL
procedures (and was horrified by it) but although it may be acceptable
and advisable in MSSQL, it definitely isn't advisable in Oracle. One
direct way to avoid it is to use global temporary tables, other ways
probably aren't directly related, they might be task-specific ways.

Here is a link in asktom about this problem:
http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:::::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID:6630620415602

Gints Plivna