Re: SCAN and multiple segments

  • From: Allan Nelson <anelson77388@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: eglewis71@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 14:41:20 -0600

Not sure what your question means:
1.  If you mean can you access a scan listener that is on one network
segment from other segements, sure if you have the route you can get there.
2.  If you mean have addresses in different network subnets assigned to the
scan listener it would seem to depend on what nics you have in your
server.  If you have nics on the different subnets, maybe, but I hope not.
If you don't have those nics then routing might work but it will mean paths
with different network costs resolving to the same listener.  Seems like a
bad idea.
Allan