Re: SAP/Oracle

  • From: "Nuno Souto" <nsouto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 20:54:12 +1100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Wu" <xwu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> I am an Oracle DBA and have no SAP experience. We plan to implement SAP on
> =
> Oracle soon.=20
> Where should I start to learn SAP? Any good books or training classes out
> t=
> here?
> Your recommendation is highly appreciated.

No problemo, dirt easy: just use your normal sizing rules
for any aspect of the Oracle database using any other
product, multiply by at least 1000 and you may start getting
into the ballpark of the enormous waste of space that
product is.  From there, it's all up-hill.

Be warned: due to the ginormous cost of the blessed thing,
your company may look into outsourcing your job to reduce
the TCO.  A term that when dealing with SAP always makes
me laugh.

Merry Christmas.
Nuno Souto
nsouto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx