RE: SAP/Oracle

  • From: "Post, Ethan" <Ethan.Post@xxxxxx>
  • To: <nsouto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 06:53:27 -0600

Would be curious to know why you ruled out J.D. Edwards in your
selection process.  What did SAP provide that JDE did not?  We have some
very successful JDE implementations and most run with 1 app server, 1 db
server and 1 test server, are easy to manage and only require a few
business application folks.  The SAP horror stories I have heard always
sound like they take 3-5 times this amount of resources.

From: <Kip.Bryant@xxxxxxxxxx>

> Some other respondents mention outsourcing/offshoring...these forces
are=20
> at
> work regardless of whether SAP is involved.  I just had a call from an

> outfit
> (U.S. based) that said they could manage our systems and DR solution
and=20
> reduce
> our costs by 20% (little realizing what this probably meant for me and
the
> people I work with...).

20%?  Look, I can save you 100%: just
don't use SAP.