Re: SAP on Oracle doubts

  • From: Kerry Osborne <kerry.osborne@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jkstill@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 18:27:07 -0600

There is one thing I like a lot about SAP though, _optim_peek_user_binds=FALSE

There are no bind variable peeking issues!

(I have to agree that the 5 letter German acronyms are pretty tough though)

Kerry Osborne
Enkitec
blog: kerryosborne.oracle-guy.com

On Feb 10, 2010, at 5:57 PM, Jared Still wrote:

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 2:05 PM, goran bogdanovic <goran00@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: It still a puzzle for me that a company like SAP don't see as a necessary to improve things which obviously have flaws ... I have impression that at the very beginning of SAP, the programmer who didn't have any idea of DB loging mechanism (and many other possibilities), have found somewhere in docs authentication via OS ... was delighted of this feature how easy it is to implement ... and the rest is history ;-)

SAP was not written for an RDBMS - it was written for VSAM or even ISAM on IBM IIRC.

That helps to explain the rather horrible structure of the data.

You are sure to enjoy the 5 letter acronyms for column names.

BTW, those acronyms are in German .

And have you heard of CLUSTER and POOL tables?

Can't use SQL on those...

Jared