SAP on Oracle doubts

  • From: goran bogdanovic <goran00@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 13:26:16 +0100

Hi All,

I assume some of you have already done SAP projects with Oracle DB.
I am currently in involved in one such project where I am responsible for a
database side.
The SAP consultant has come up with necessary configurations regarding DB
and DB server which makes me say 'hmmm'.
He can't explain it why it is necessary or is there any other way to do it -
something like 'take it or leave it'.
Since I don't have experience regarding SAP on Oracle I have few questions
and will appreciate if you can share your knowledge/experience.

so, here are the requirements:

1. REMOTE_OS_AUTHENT=true

    Q1: is it really necessary?
    Q2: if yes, any workaround possible?

2. SAP System Administrator OS user must be in OS DBA group
    Q1: is it really necessary?
    Q2: is there any other way to do it?

3. SAP Database Administrator OS user must be in OS DBA group
    Q1: ist it really necessary?
    Q2: is there any other way to do it?

regards,
goran