RE: SAP and TSReorg

  • From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 10:12:38 -0500

Dan
   I don't use SAP, and hopefully you receive some replies either on or off
the list from people who use TSReorg and SAP. In case you don't, how about
this:
   - If I were ordered to regularly rebuild tables, TSReorg would be high on
my list. In my experience it is a good tool from a reputable vendor. I used
it briefly 8 years ago, then saw the folly in continually rebuilding Oracle
tables, so ceased using it. I would also carefully investigate the Oracle
features for rebuilding tables online to see if that wouldn't be better.
Never used SAP, so I don't know if there are any unusual implications in SAP
relating to tables being rebuild outside of SAP tools.

Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams@xxxxxxxxxxxxx