SAP Service Report / EarlyWatch Check usefulness?

  • From: Thomas Jeff <jeff.thomas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 10:14:04 -0500

My team has been asked to assess some performance issues with a SAP
database.
The SAP team sent us one of those SAP EaryWatch Reports to ostensibly help
us with
diagnosis.

I don't pretend to be any sort of performance guru by a long shot, but upon
reviewing
this report, my take was that it was fairly useless, e.g., a recommendation
increase the buffer cache due to the bchr being at 90% instead of the target
94%?

Anyone familiar with these reports?  If so, what is your experience as to
it's
relevance?

Thanks!

Jeffery D Thomas
DBA
Thomson Information Services
Thomson, Inc.

Email: jeff.thomas@xxxxxxxxxxx

Indy DBA Master Documentation available at:
http://gkmqp.tce.com/tis_dba <http://gkmqp.tce.com/tis_dba>