Re: SAP Reorgs

  • From: Jared.Still@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 13:34:32 -0700

oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 06/18/2004 11:11:58 AM:
> I¹m kind of confused about why there is any discussion about this
topic...
> Reorgs are bad, bad, bad.  You need downtime to accomplish them, else a

Though my exposure to SAP Basis admins has been limited to just a few,
they have all had it drummed in to their heads that they *must* reorg.

There are extensive and complex utilities provided by SAP for doing this.

Our previous SBA had this attitude, we had some interesting discussions
in my cubicle.

Our current SBA has more sense.  He does the SAP stuff, I do the DBA
stuff, and we help each other out where we can.

HTH

Jared