RE: SAN Recommendations - Fact Finding - Help

  • From: "Taylor, Chris David" <Chris.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 07:54:10 -0600

I'd like to re-phrase this question.

Who out there is happy/ecstatic about their SAN solution?  For those of
you that fit this category, what SAN solution do you use?

Who out there is unhappy/sad about their SAN solution?  For those of you
in this category, what SAN solution do you (or did you) use?

For example I fit into 2 categories:

1.)     Good/Great - 3PAR solution - Product was good, no issues - "Set
it and forget it" type solution.  Customer service was top notch.

2.)     Poor/Bad - HP MSA1000 solution - Product seemed to be plagued
with issues and inability of advanced configurations - Entry Level "SAN"
product - kind of hard to qualify as a SAN really. Customer support was
'ok'.

Here is what I'm hoping to get from this.

1.)     If 50 people reply and say they used company 'ABC' and the
product 'X' and it was terrible, then I can rule out that product as an
option based on word of mouth.

2.)     If 50 people reply and say they used company 'CDE' and product
'Y' and its great, best blah blah blah.  Then we can take a serious look
at it and the company.

Does that make sense?  I'm looking for word of mouth type
recommendations or warnings.

Thanks!

Chris Taylor

Sr. Oracle DBA