Re: SAN Recommendations - Fact Finding - Help

  • From: Peter McLarty <peter.mclarty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Chris.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 09:57:47 +1000

Hi Chris

I think you need to make a list of requirements.

Some ideas, what is the database used for - OLTP or DW; what size is the
database/s 20GB or 2TB; What response times are you requiring, will (rip
my tongue out for mentioning it) RAID 5 suffice or do you need RAID 10.
What mirroring technology, and does Oracle certify it, will you use if
you are having a backup/mirrored SAN. What budget $10,000, $100,000

These are but a few questions you will need to answer as they will lead
you in other areas.

HTH

Cheers

Peter