Re: Running scripts on Windows from Oracle stored procedures

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jdunn@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 13:13:35 +0000

On 1/26/06, John Dunn <jdunn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Phil
>
> Thanks for that.
>
> I suspected that java was the way to go.
>
> One complication I do have is that some of the script to be run are on
> servers other than the database server.
>
> I presume I could use some form of rsh/ssh to run them...but do you know
> of
> a better option?

That will indeed be an issue, both for the java route and the extproc route
(which is the way i'd try to do it). The Oracle process will run in the
security context of the localsystem account on the database server. This
will not have rights on the remote server. It sounds to me as though there
might be a better solution to the business problem than the technical route
you are currently going down. Is there any chance of describing what it is
that those scripts are designed to do?