Re: Running "Stress" or "Load" tests

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hkchital@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 09:00:50 -0500

On 03/07/2006 08:44:07 AM, Hemant K Chitale wrote:

> Recently, we have been testing a database migration to a new server.
> During the scheduled day for  the "stress" testing, I  found that user reports
> were actually longer-running than on the original server.  I suspected
> that users were running reports with longer range parameters
> (eg for 1 year instead of the normal 1 month that they run).

> Comments ? please ?

I believe that you need a drink, not a comment. Remember: reality is state of
mind
caused by insufficient dose of alcohol in the bloodstream. For that purpose, I
can
wholeheartedly recommend Long Island ice tea, a local specialty. Users like
yours
prove the theory of intelligunt desine as they directly contradict the
Darwinian
principle of survival of the fittest.

--
Mladen Gogala