Re: Running RAC@Solaris under Veritas Cluster?

  • From: "Zhu,Chao" <zhuchao@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ram Srinivasan <srinivasanram2004@xxxxxxxxx>, riyaj.shamsudeen@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 22:35:54 +0800

Thanks Ram/Riyaj.
Yes I understand it is two cluster software running at same time (that's why
i don't like the idea of VCS+CRS);

I am also reading a doc here
http://www.sun.com/blueprints/0105/819-1466.pdftalking about the
benefit of running Sun Cluster over RAC+CRS;  (Charpter
4);
it mentioned some advantage of like using Sun cluster overcomes the
limitation of IPMP to do HA for interconnect, and more robust cluster
memmber ship/fencing;  It sounds reasonable during high load cases the sun
cluster might able to handle better than oracle CRS;

Anyone experienced the IPMP limitation so far (if you also on solaris)?

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 8:22 PM, Ram Srinivasan <srinivasanram2004@xxxxxxxxx

--
Regards
Zhu Chao