Re: Rolling incremental backups & Compression

  • From: Valentin Minzatu <valentinminzatu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: don@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 14:17:55 -0700 (PDT)

As far as I know, 'BACKUP INCREMENTAL LEVEL 1 FOR RECOVER OF COPY' rolls
forward the image copy by applying the archived redo logs to the backup image -
pretty much like a physical standby - and it is not stored as a separate
backup, so you cannot compress it. You may want as a safety net to create
additional backup sets which can be compressed.

Valentin