Re: Rollback per transaction %:73 %?

  • From: Flado <vandreev@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 15:03:24 +0200

Also, I think some connection pools do a preemptive 'rollback' whenever they
hand out a connection (or when they get it back after use).

Flado

   - *From*: "Nigel Thomas" <nigel.cl.thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   - *To*: VIVEK_SHARMA@xxxxxxxxxxx
   - *Date*: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 10:13:06 +0100

Vivek

Some applications report unusually high rollback rates because "no-work
transactions" are ended with a rollback rather than a commit. So you would
see sequences of one or more selects (but no DML) followed by a rollback
rather than a commit. I seem to recall this being a feature of some JDBC
drivers?

You may be able to change driver settings to avoid this - or in fact it may
not be a problem at all.

Regards Nigel