Re: Rman fails to backup files after IP change

  • From: tony van lingen <tony_vanlingen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Martin Berger <martin.a.berger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2009 22:16:48 +1000

Martin,

These appear in the RMAN script log on the client:

NB_ORA_FULL: 0
NB_ORA_INCR: 1
NB_ORA_CINC: 0
NB_ORA_SERV: the_server
NB_ORA_POLICY: BNEGIS03_ORA

These are logged by bphdb, also on the client:

NB_ORA_POLICY=BNEGIS03_ORA
NB_ORA_SCHED not defined.
NB_ORA_PC_SCHED=Incr1
NB_ORA_SERV=the_server
NB_ORA_PC_BTYPE not set

I'm not a Netbackup guru by any means - there may be more vars, but I simply don't know where to look for them..

The schedule appears fine, the client is defined by it's name, not the IP address. The backup is initiated from the server, which also still works, seen as that RMAN does start on the client. I've checked the dnscache on the Netbackup Server (which is a windows 2000 terminal server). The cache is empty.

It occurs to me that the NetBackup device manager might have cached the ip address of the client - would it? Can't test that now, all the weekend backups are running.

Cheers,
Tony

Martin Berger wrote:
Tony,

can you provide all your NB* variables? was the netbackup client bound
to your backup-IP or dns, maybe it's 'confused' as this changed?

Do you see any schedules in status 'error' on the netbackup server?

br,
Martin