Rman Question

  • From: "Goulet, Richard" <Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 20:25:49 -0400

All,

        I'm having to deal with a VPN timeout on TCP/telnet connections
which 80% of the time are not a problem, but 20% of the time it causes
disaster.  The Problem is that the VPN times out any such connection
that does not have data traveling on it for more than 30 minutes.  Not
that onerous, except when your running rman on a fairly large database.
SO does anyone know how to make rman work like imp/exp's feedback
mechanism??  That little dot certainly has saved my bacon more than I
care to think.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA