Rman Locking

  • From: "Spears, Brian" <BSpears@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-L (E-mail)" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 11:35:20 -0500

Anybody ever run into a resync catalog while backing up archive logs causing
problems.  It is happening once a week randomly.  What happens is deadlock
on chp table and of course all other Rman stuff is held up. It seems to be
this one small rarely used database. The way we solve it is to go out and
kill the process on unix and everything is freed up.
I would like to say that the network is burping or something and
disconnecting the process ..but its on the same database all the time.

Brian